Gaby Moreno releases her new album Postales (Postcards) in U.S, México & Latin America under the record label Metamorfosis today September 4th, 2012
Singer-songwriter, Gaby Moreno releases her new album, Postales, (Postcards) her first album entirely in Spanish today, Tuesday, September 4th. The album will be released in the U.S., Mexico, and Latin America under the label Metamorfosis.
Gaby Moreno has already been praised by international media from her previous albums plus live performances all over the U.S. and Europe.
Gaby Moreno nabbed attention from Latin America while being featured in a duet with latin pop star, Ricardo Arjona in his latest single, "Fuiste Tu". Her previous albums took her on an extensive tour around the United States, Canada and Europe and has given her solid recognition as an artist and musician and has been awarded with several international awards throughout her career.
- Gaby Moreno has recorded three albums: Still the Unknown (2008), Illustrated Song (2011) and the EP, A Good Old Christmas time (2010).
- Winner of the "John Lennon Song Writing Contest in 2006."
- Nominated to an Emmy Award in the category of Oustanding Main Title Theme Music, for her co-authorship on the theme song of the TV series Parks and Recreation.
- She has shared the stage with Tracy Chapman, Ani DiFranco and Van Dyke Parks.
- Participated at the Burma Electric Festival in Berlin where he shared the stage with artists like Bono, Bob Geldof, Angelique Kidjo to name a few.
- She sang at the Jay Leno Show with Kris Kristofferson, Eric Burdon, Johnny Lang and Shawn Mullins.
Postales contains 12 songs recorded at Studio G in Brooklyn, NY in a completely analogous setup. With influences of jazz, soul, folk, blues and bossa nova, the majority of the songs on the album were written by Gaby Moreno. The lyrics speak of daily life and intense stories where Gaby Moreno's voice ranges from a sweet and touching siren and then suddenly bringing her voice to an exploding range that shows the vocal power of this artist.
Postales was produced by Dan Warner, and features an oldies music-influenced album perfectly adapted to today, its lyrics are definitely part of our roots. Gaby Moreno's voice shines with a powerful sweetness in Postales.
Postales is available today, September 4th in digital and physical format.
Postales (Postcards) track listing:
1. No Estoy Tan Mal
3. Valle de Magnolias
4. Ave que Emigra
6. Blues del Mar
7. Juegos y Miedos
8. Qué Voy a Hacer?
9. El Sombrerón
10. Luz y Sombra
11. Quizás, Quizás, Quizás
12. No Soy El Aire
Listen to the album Postales below: